Sunday, May 13, 2007

And and Happy Mother's Day to You....

If you check the time of this post you will discover that we are in the wee hours of the morning. I was all set to head to bed after a pretty relaxing day...minus a little stress...stuff happens and now I am not tired so I will post instead.


So Marie spent most of the day over at a friends house which was really nice. I had the day to myself! She came back and insisted on me opening one of my mother's day presents because she wanted me to wear it for mother's day. While she was in my lap opening the package up for me I noticed her arms. Well they are covered in a rash of sorts. So I freak out and end up calling her doctors office. They believe it is only hives (from what we cannot figure out) so we went off to Wal-Mart to get some cream and Benadryl. So I creamed her up and gave her some medicine and some ice packs to put on her arms and put her in my bed with a movie. So she falls asleep and I keep working on her teachers end of the year gifts. In case anyone wants to know I made them quilts with all the kids names in a different square. Thankfully they are finished. So I spent a little time reading my new trash magazine (US weekly) and decided I would finish it up in my bed.

So I go to move her from my bed and when I go to pick her up I notice that something is wet. Now mind you we have not had any accidents since we got out of the pull ups at least two years ago. I guess the mixture of the hives making her feel bad and the medicine made her have an accident. So I wake her up and she does not believe me that she is wet and goes potty and then I have to make her change out of her wet clothes. So we do this, I check the arms, and put her back to bed with a little more medicine. Then I move on to my bed. She had to be sleeping with MY satin blanket under her. So this dry clean only queen size blanket had to be wet down and is now hanging to dry. To make matters worse and a little more gross when I wet the blanket down I saw into the center and there are some nasty dark looking stuff in the filler. I think now is the time for someone to purchase me a new satin blanket. So then I have to take my comforter and try to wet it down and get it a little clean. Luckily my satin blanket absorbed most of the wetness. So now I will be heading to bed in a little while with just a sheet because I put most of my other favorite blankets in storage. If I was a bad mom I would take her satin blanket and make her sleep with something else, but I do feel bad for her because of the rash.

So here we are a little over an hour into mother's day and I already have this?! Oh boy what does the rest of the day have in store for me?! I guess everyone will have to wait to find out....

Love to all...

No comments: